I’ve been insanely busy this month with work that I haven’t had the time to update my blog with what’s happening in my life for the past month. So here’s a roundup of those happenings. I hope I get to blog about the major ones soon! :P
- I miss my college barkada every day that I don’t see them (charot), so I was glad that we got together for the birthday of one of the girls! The boys talked about more mature topics and later, we talked about travel. What I’m hoping for is that we’ll have our first ever trip out of the country soon!
- One weekend, our trekking group went, umm, trekking with some strangers / fellow trekkers in Cebu. We went to Mago Peak, which is located at the boundary of 3 towns — Danao, Carmen, and Tuburan. I’ll be blogging about this trek soon once my schedule clears up.
- My mother celebrated her 61st birthday last weekend so we had a lunch out at Chikaan in SM City Cebu.
I asked her what she wanted as a gift (I’m not good with surprises), and she said she wanted a washing machine (for my aunt’s use at home). My sister and I bought one for her, including a karaoke machine (MIDI DVD Player) requested by my brother. :))
- I recently switched to Windows 10, and I’m finding it nice so far. I’m having problems with making the display appear bigger, though, without having blurry texts in some applications. I hope Microsoft provides a fix for this soon (I’ve tried the solution provided by some people online but none of them seems to work). Here’s how my desktop looks right now:
- I’ve only been able to read one book this month (and I’m not yet done with it) — Never Look Back by Lori L. Otto. I find the plot just so-so, and I don’t like that Jack Holland (the narrator and one of the main characters in the book) is too ideal, almost perfect. I just want more realism. Hahaha.
- As I have already mentioned, the majority of this month was spent getting busy at work as our project is coming to an end. I worked overtime for a couple of days, going home very late at night or very early in the morning (latest was 7am the next day)! I’ve been getting frequent headaches, and it seems that my throat is tightening/closing up. I Googled this sensation, and it does happen to some due to anxiety/stress. :(
I’m not sure what my days will be like this August, but I hope I’ll get more free time to do more blogging and more reading. :)