I know it has already been said by everybody, but what the heck — it’s halfway through the year already? That was fast! A lot has happened in my life in the last couple of months — coming home to Cebu, quitting social media (and enjoying it), changing career paths, trekking/climbing a couple of mountains, celebrating my 4th anniversary with Mumu — and I couldn’t be more thankful for all the blessings! :)
Anyway, here’s what’s up with me lately:
- At the start of April, I wrote about my goals for the 2nd quarter of 2015. And guess what? I wasn’t able to complete everything. Hahaha. But!! I was able to blog about our adventures in El Nido and Puerto Princesa, Palawan and Singapore last year, and some other adventures we’ve had this year. I’m still trying to find some free time to review my adventures in Malaysia and South Korea so I can write about them soon. Also, I’m just one book (or one and a half, if there’s such thing, since I’m not yet done with my 9th book) behind my goal of 10 books read by midyear — I’m currently on the 3rd (or 2nd, depends if you consider the prequel as part of the series) book for Emi Lost & Found series. Seriously, this book (Time Stands Still) made me cry! :'(
- As I mentioned above, Mumu and I celebrated our 4th anniversary together last June 15. We stuffed ourselves at our dinner in Yakimix — we stayed there for 2 hours!
- My 5th trek for this year covered two mountains — Mt. Mauyog and Mt. Manunggal. The trail was technically difficult (at least for us), and I was proud of my friends who, despite this being their 1st trek, didn’t give up! Well, they didn’t have a choice anyway. :))
- I have a new project at work. It’s only for 2 months, but I’ve learned a lot about web services so far! (Sorry if I sometimes mention technical or work-related stuff here, hehehe.)
- My friend Johnel, who’s still working in Manila until now (after Karen and I came back to Cebu a few months ago), came home for this week. Just last night, we hung out and watched a comedy/drama Korean movie (Scandal Makers or Speed Scandal) at the movie house. The protagonist is Tae-hyun Cha, the same one from My Sassy Girl. The kid in this movie, Seok-hyeon Hwang, was also veeerrryyy cute!!! :D
I wouldn’t expect the 2nd half of this year to go slower, but I’m hoping that things will continue to get better. :)