I started this year by launching this blog. At that time, I was already contemplating on what I’m gonna do with my online engagements since it was already stressing me out, what with everyone posting contrived snapshots of their lives. Also, I was still struggling (but winning) with my quarter-life crisis.
I was still in Manila for work during the first 2 months of this year. It was a great 6 months (the assignment started last September 2014) for I learned how to be more independent. On the first day of March, I was already back in Cebu. Here’s a summary of how my 2015 went since I came home:
- I deleted my social media accounts, and I have no regrets ever since! My life has become more peaceful and more meaningful, and the changes brought about by this purge were very welcome! Until now, I still don’t have the urge to go back to social media. I do have a private Facebook account without a friends list and without updates. I just use it for chatting in a conference with close friends, and with Mumu.
- I sweated a lot this year for trekking mountains/peaks: Mt. Pulag (the best so far!), Mt. Kan-irag (Sirao Peak), Mt. Hibok-Hibok, Mt. Hambubuyog, Mt. Mauyog, Mt. Manunggal, Mago Peak, and Mt. Talinis. After Mt. Talinis, I told myself and my friends that it might take a while before I go trekking again due to the stress I experienced that time (haha).
- Aside from trekking, I was also able to travel to Camiguin (during the Holy Week), Bantayan Island (to beat the summer heat), Samboan (to visit some falls after our Mt. Hambubuyog trek), Bohol (Gawad Kalinga Hope Conference 2015), Moalboal (island hopping & beach resort), Balamban (town fiesta), and Zamboanga del Sur (celebration with Mumu’s family).
- I became a part of a new circle of friends at work after I got transferred to a new project. These people are crazy as hell, and I love them! Days in the office don’t go boring when they’re around (charot)!
- Our family was given a dog, and Mumu bought 2 dogs. Our days have changed ever since they came — they’re such wonderful companions!
- Mumu and I embarked on our 2nd out-of-the-country trip together to celebrate our birthdays. We spent one night in Singapore (we were just in Changi Airport, really) and one week in Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Sapa, and Ha Long Bay). It wasn’t one of our best trips (one factor: scammers), but it was still enjoyable nonetheless. I will blog about this trip soon.
- I only got to read 15 out of 20 books that I’ve targeted. But heck, that’s already 100+% more than what I’ve achieved in the previous years (6/10 for both 2013 & 2014)!
If I were to describe 2015 in one sentence, I’d say it was a year of purging and keeping it simple. There were a lot of things I decided to let go — social media, my previous project at work, some hobbies — ‘coz I wanted to focus more on what’s important. And I want to continue acknowledging and discovering things and dreams that really matter to me and channel my energy towards achieving them.
I can’t wait to start 2016 already! Happy new year, guys! Thank you for sticking around even though I don’t get to update this blog regularly anymore. :P
Disclaimer: The image I used in this post is not mine.